Homosexual Responds to CARM

Here is My Response to this Man.

Tyler,

We never said it was a sin to be Gay (Same Sex Attracted). However, The bible is clear that all extra-Martial sexual activity ( fornication) is sin. That is all of it. The real Question is, for whom, and under what situations does the bible allow for marriage?

Moreover, don’t you think it is a bit Bigoted and Intolerant to Hate us, Swear at us, Call Us names… I mean You don’t even know my name. Yet, you feel that is acceptable, Christian Behavior?

Finally, Jesus Defined Marriage in Matthew 19.

Teaching About Divorce

19 Now when Jesus had finished these sayings, he went away from nGalilee and oentered pthe region of Judea beyond the Jordan. 2 And qlarge crowds followed him, and he healed them there.
3 And Pharisees came up to him and rtested him by asking, s“Is it lawful to divorce one’s wife for any cause?” 4 He answered, “Have you not read that he who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘Therefore a man shall leave his father and his mother and hold fast to his wife, and vthe two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two but one flesh. wWhat therefore God has joined together, let not man separate.” 7 They said to him, “Why then did Moses command one to give a certificate of divorce and to send her away?” 8 He said to them, “Because of your yhardness of heart Moses allowed you to divorce your wives, but from the beginning it was not so. 9 And I say to you: whoever divorces his wife, except for sexual immorality, and marries another, commits adultery.”

If you aren’t attracted to women and don’t become attracted to them, that doesn’t give a license to carry out homosexual desires, as it would be a sin to do so. Rather, I would submit you are called to a life of holiness before Christ. Furthermore, I would argue that Change is possible. Consider what Paul Says in 1 Corinthians 6: 9 do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,10 nor thieves, nor the greedy, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

Finally, I would say that whether you are gay or not, you are a like all of us Guilty under Sin. Have you ever Lied? Cheated? Stolen? Lusted? If so, You are like all of us, guilty of breaking God’s Law. God doesn’t take lightly the breaking of his law, in fact He will judge us for it. And unless we repent and Turn to Christ and Place our Faith in Him alone, God will find us Guilty and like a Good Judge, Punish us. I hope that you would consider Getting in front of God, and Crying out to him for Mercy.

About Ken Cook

Ken Cook has written 15 post in this blog.

I agree with the 1689 London Baptist Confession of Faith, am married with two sons. I am finishing my Ordination here shortly. I have worked for Carm for a bit more than a Year.

21 Responses to Homosexual Responds to CARM

1. MARK DOMINGUEZ says:

Mat 7:13 “Enter through the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is broad that leads to destruction, and there are many who enter through it.
    Mat 7:14 “For the gate is small and the way is narrow that leads to life, and there are few who find it.

2. Nathan says:

Please clarify…are you saying that it isn’t a sin to be same-sex attracted?

3. Adam C says:

I would also say that Christians believe Jesus to be God. The Bible is God’s Word. Thus, to disobey the Bible is to disobey God himself. People shouldn’t see Paul’s letters (or other parts of the Bible) as less authoritative than Jesus’s words in the Gospels. Great response, Ken.

4. Ken, I think you summed it up very well. The issue is not attraction, but action. I am born an adulterer at heart, but that doesn’t mean I have the right to act upon my feelings. All it means is that I need to crucify this flesh daily.

Thanks for taking a stand in love.

5. Brian B. says:

Love the CARM ministry. And, I agree with your points, but I think this one paragraph needs some clearing up and refining…

“The Word of God says that Change is possible, and I would call you to bear the fruit of repentance of the sin of homosexuality, by striving to become heterosexual, and having a family.”

Let me take this point by point…
    - “The Word of God says that Change is possible”: Change is not just possible, it’s required. We are to be regenerated…not just “hope” to be regenerated, or “think about” being regenerated. The fruit must be present, at LEAST in heart and word (believe in our hearts and confess with our lips), if not action. However, backsliding into any sexual sin might happen, and that’s where confessing and getting back up again comes into play. It might take a day for some to really be rid of it, or a lifetime for others.
    - “The sin of homosexuality”: Here’s where anyone sympathetic to the homosexual community will bristle. And, it’s a very fine distinction. The scripture you quote says “…men who practice homosexuality.” I think the key word is “practice”, no? So, if someone is simply not attracted to the opposite sex, they are not automatically bucketed into this sinful group. It is only those who continue on in their sin, which would ONLY be open and unrepentant acts of same-sex sexual fulfillment. I would bet that not all homosexuals who come to repentance and faith in Christ actually come full circle to heterosexual attraction. However, I should still regard a man who used to be effeminite/gay as my brother in Christ if he acknowledges his sin, even if he doesn’t dig the chicks (pardon the tongue in cheek).
    - “Striving to become heterosexual and having a family”: I elluded to this in the previous bullet point. I think you might be off base here. The Bible does not require, and there is no moral law, or ceremonial law, indicating that one MUST have a family to be righteous in God’s sight. In fact Paul says “If you MUST have sex, then marry”…as in, if you have the urge, get married. This is in I Cor 7. I know I’m paraphrasing. The only family we need is the Church, and the only Bride and Bridegroom is Christ and his Church. So, if someone comes out of homosexuality, it’s not as if God requires them to get married and have a family. You make it sound like there is a mandate for that.

Thanks for continuing to bring about good conversation…and kickin’ down the gates of hell!!!

• Ken Cook says:

Brian,

Thank you for your Comments. I will provide a full response after church today.

• Ken Cook says:

The Word of God say Change is possible — Paul is clearly saying Some people were homosexuals. That is my point with this statement. This isn’t about regeneration but rather about a change in attraction.

The sin of homosexuality — I believe I have already stated clearly in this article at the beginning that attraction isn’t sin, action is. Because of that I feel like anyone who would want to take issue with this point, is really stretching to find something to be upset about.

Striving to become Heterosexual … — We are called to bear Fruit in keeping with repentance in Matthew 3:8. My Simple question is, what is the Fruit of Repentance of the Sin of Homosexuality? I would say it is following God’s design for mankind, which is to be fruitful and multiple, and this is done through marriage and childbearing.

I don’t believe that Paul is saying that in all circumstances Christians should avoid having families. He is speaking about a specific situation and circumstance.

• Brian B. says:

I think you are painting with the wrong brush…the fruit of repentance of the sin of homosexuality is to be rid of those lusts of the flesh…period, that’s the fruit. The fruit is NOT to get married and have children. That is a stretch that is not found in the scriptures. Otherwise, you are limiting the fruit to only a certain percentage of humanity (those who are able to have children). Do you assume that those who choose not to pro-create are therefore in sin, because they are not following God’s design for mankind?? I think your train is heading down the wrong track there on just that one point. And, of course, Paul is not saying that everyone should be single and devote themselves to God (like a Monk or something). But, we cannot come to the conclusion that you’ve come to, where you are saying that if they aren’t bearing the fruit of marriage and child-bearing, well, they really aren’t repentant. That’s all I’m saying.

• Ken Cook says:

Brian,

I am not saying that marriage and children are the ONLY fruit, but rather I would say that following the still applicable adamic covenant ( to be fruitful and multiply) would be the ideal. I believe that we should always point to the ideal.

Clearly, those who do not follow the adamic covenant are not in sin ( per Paul in 1 cor 7).

I’m not saying that there isn’t fruit if there isn’t marriage, but I am saying that Marriage is the Ideal standard.

6. Molly says:

Ken,
    Maybe it would be more compassionate to remove the screenshot of what the FB fan said. Or, could you blur the name and photo?

God Bless

• Ken Cook says:

Molly — I have been in contact with the person. In an age where people want to stand behind a screen and scream and shout about others and not have their name tied to it and hold no responsibility for their actions, I believe it to be Proper to show this mans name and Face. I was, however, kind in not setting up optimization for his name, as I did with Dayna Muldoon.

7. Glenn says:

Ken – good job Ken. May the our heavenly Father sustain you and keep you. I know it’s not easy contending for the faith and I’m deeply encourage when brothers make a stand. Shalom!

8. Randy says:

yes, change is possible in JESUS CHRIST! I pray for him to know Christ. God bless to your apologetic ministry!

9. Brandon Johnson says:

Ken, I am a living proof to what you have said. I use to give myself to my homosexual lusts. Now that I am regenerated God has so worked in me that I no longer will to act out on my homosexual attractions. He has given me a wanting to walk upright and I pray that one day He will grant me a wife and the ability to love her as she ought to be loved. Thank you for taking the time to post this article.

10. Darrel says:

I am saying that attraction in an of itself is not sin…” Seems to me that you are treading on thin ice with this statement. James 1:13-16 speaks directly to this issue. Attraction is always the beginning of lust and we know where lust will end. If it is OK for a man to be gay and have “feelings” for another man, would it not be OK for me as a married man to have feelings for a woman that is not my wife? This is flat wrong and it is sin. Why would you need to give the gay community an “out” and thus be more readily accepted by them? To tell them this is to cheapen the salvation that Christ has given us by saying that He cannot or will not deliver us from all our sins—Rom. 6:14; Col. 1:13 and many others. Fleshly attraction will always lead to lust for that which is forbidden, so why would say it is OK?

• Ken Cook says:

Darrell,

When I am speaking of attraction I am really speaking to orientation.

For me to in general to be attracted to women, is what I am speaking of. Yes it is sin if, and when, I fall into lust for a woman who isn’t my wife.

Lust is always Sin, and I assumed that was clear enough in scripture to go without saying. I apologize for not making myself clearer.

11. Greg Harvey says:

Ken, the email icon on these blog entries doesn’t provide an email address when you click on it. Maybe that is intentional and you can’t remove it but I wanted to point that out. I’m wanting to email you about an idea I have and see if you have some suggestions. Congratulation on your new baby!
    Greg

12. David sandt says:

Romans 1: 26,27,28. It is a sin to lust after the same sex. It doesn’t have to come out as a physical encounter. If every homosexual person would go back to their earliest years of remembrance, or whatever you need to do to be honest with yourself and God. Well, actually, to be able to figure out where everything went wrong, you must be born again as Jesus says in John 3:3 “I tell you the truth,no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.” Now, you will be able to see what God has created.